- 1,232,029 Views
- What is Amartya Sen’s “Capability Approach” to Development and Poverty
- RTE Act 2009 -- Issues and Challenges
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- Indian Freedom Struggle: From 1857 to 1947
- Alarming Fall In Groundwater Levels In India
- Understanding Indian Poverty through Poverty Indicators
- The Absurdity of "Indian Secularism”
- PESA – A Potent Weapon Against Naxals (Maoists) In India !!
- Why India’s "Unity In Diversity” Is A Global Puzzle!
- Energy and Nuclear Energy Scenario in India
- Citizenship Amendment Act 2019: Why India Should Exchange Minorities with Pakistan & Bangladesh
- Are Muslims A ‘Minority’ Community In India?
- India Needs Development Beyond GDP
- Why This Is The Right Time To Adopt “Uniform Civil Code” In India
- Why FATF ‘GREY-LIST’ Isn’t Dark Enough For Pakistan!
- Why The World Must Rediscover Mahatma Gandhi!
- Destroying Kashmir – The Pakistani Way!
- 10 Benefits of Administrative Reorganization of J&K, Post 370
- “Independence Day” for Muslim Women – India Ends Triple Talaq!
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Distorted Secularism of India
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Indian Society
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
Category Archives: Gender
The fetish for gdp growth has led the world to the brink of environmental and social disasters. There is opulence and poverty side by side. Countries need to evolve right indicators of development that pay attention to things other than economic. Continue reading
It took 72 years after India’s independence to free themselves from the fear of instant triple talaq. Maulvis who see women as mere personal property or as sex object, were ominously against the legislation ending the “archaic and exploitative” practice. Now Muslim women don’t have live whole life under the fear of Instant TT. They can now approach the police and court for justice. Continue reading
The issue is really simple: religion or medieval lifestyle of pre-Islamic Arab desert. Continue reading
Child marriages disrupt the normal growth to adulthood and a violation of children’s rights. They endangers the well-being of adolescent girls by exposing them to the dangers of physical and sexual violence as well as to early, unplanned and frequent pregnancies. Continue reading
MASVAW puts “men” at the center. It provides them emotional support, educates them on man and woman’s sexual aspects, and helps remove their ignorance of all types. Finally it encourages them to take social actions. MASVAW men learn to lead by personal example rather than mere words. This is a unique feature of MASVAW. Continue reading
MASVAW has developed several highly effective tools in the form of games, flash cards, etc that engage men and provoke them to think about gender roles man and woman play. They soon realize how unjust the rules designed for women are in our society. Continue reading