- 752,353 Views
Editor’s PicksSolar Power for Ordinary People
Is the World Heading Towards a New Global Order
8 Good Reasons Why India is So Poor
Why India should worry about Chinese hydropower projects in Tibet?
What Makes People Poor?
Amartya Sen's Concept of Development and Poverty
Why the World should follow Bhutan's development model?
How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
Can Business be Redesigned to Eradicate Poverty?
Our Detailed ReportsSarva Shiksha Abhiyan after 2013
Disaster Management in India
Nationl Food Security Bill 2013
Status of NREGA 2006-12
Status of RIGHT TO EDUCATION
Governance in Sixth Schedule Areas
Appraisal of Forest Rights Act 2006
Judicial Accountability in India
Corruption in India
Poverty in India
Gender and Climate Change
Nuclear Energy in India
The PESA ACT, 1996
The RTI Act 2005
- Overview of Important Issues in India
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- Panchayat Raj System in India
- What is Amartya Sen’s “Capability Approach” to Development
- Tribal People in India: Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Areas and Tribal Self-Rule
- Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT) Act Fails to Protect Jharkhand Tribals?
- Tribal Displacement in the Name of Development
- History of Tribal Struggle for Self-Rule in Jharkhand
- RTE Act 2009 -- Anomalies and Challenges
- Environmental Impacts of Hydropower Plants
- Modi In Israel: End of International “Appeasement!!”
- Why Should The World Worry About Pak Nuclear Weapons
- ‘Triple Talaq’, Polygamy, Halala Marriage – Relics of Pre-Islamic Arab World
- How Excessive And Indiscriminate Sand Mining is Killing Our River Systems
- Are Muslims In Minority In India?
- Is it Right Time to Push for Uniform Civil Code, or Not Yet?
- Global Warming – Over-Consumption, Not Over-Population, is the Main Threat
- Another Terror Attack in France – The Nonsense of “Terrorism Has No Religion”
- Paris Climate Summit: Will The US Cooperate This Time?
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Distorted Secularism of India
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Indian Society
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
Category Archives: Judiciary
Any judicial reform must address these issues so that the justice delivery system becomes efficient and more friendly to common citizens of India. Continue reading
The judicial accountability bill tries to streamline few things but does not effectively address the issue of corruption in judiciary. It will get more teeth only if some of the proposals of Anna Hazare team are incorporated. Continue reading
There is an urgent need to fix the Indian legal system and make it friendly to common people. Slow justice delivery speed is just a symptom underneath many things have weaken the system. A thorough overhaul at all levels and in all areas is long overdue. Continue reading
There are over 3.2 crore pending cases in Indian courts. About 2.5 lakh jail inmates are under trial. The legal system is still a prisoner of procedures and technicalities. So, who will give justice to the ordinary man? Continue reading
While no one can be allowed to scandalize or lower the authority of the courts, but why this vague provision stifle honest and fair criticism and take away liberty of common citizens? Should judge’s conduct (even of corruption) be beyond scrutiny or concern of “We, the people of India?” Continue reading