- 1,243,295 Views
- Indian Freedom Struggle: From 1857 to 1947
- What is Amartya Sen’s “Capability Approach” to Development and Poverty
- RTE Act 2009 -- Issues and Challenges
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- Why India’s "Unity In Diversity” Is A Global Puzzle!
- Impact Of The 1857 Revolution – India's First War Of Independence
- Panchayat Raj System in India
- Overview of Important Issues in India
- The Absurdity of "Indian Secularism”
- PESA – A Potent Weapon Against Naxals (Maoists) In India !!
- Citizenship Amendment Act 2019: Why India Should Exchange Minorities with Pakistan & Bangladesh
- “Minority” Politics of Indian Muslims
- India Needs Development Beyond GDP
- Why This Is The Right Time To Adopt “Uniform Civil Code” In India
- Why FATF ‘GREY-LIST’ Isn’t Dark Enough For Pakistan!
- Why The World Must Rediscover Mahatma Gandhi!
- Destroying Kashmir – The Pakistani Way!
- 10 Benefits of Administrative Reorganization of J&K, Post 370
- “Independence Day” for Muslim Women – India Ends Triple Talaq!
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Distorted Secularism of India
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Indian Society
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
Category Archives: Poverty
India is no longer the global poverty capital! Nigeria has overtaken India and the Democratic Republic of the Congo would soon displace India from the number two spot also!! In India, about 44 people are coming out of extreme poverty … Continue reading
Late Pakistani economist Mahbub Ul Haq is the brain behind UNDP’s human development index (HDI). He has seen the emptiness and deception of using GDP growth as measure of national progress. His concept of human development brought a paradigm shift in the global developmental discourse. Now more and more countries are trying to measure people’s well being beyond per capita GDP numbers. Continue reading
Poverty is a human development issue; not an income issue alone. Continue reading
Rising inequality is a serious threat to global well-being. Rich 1% practically own and decide everything while the poor remain poor. Continue reading