- 344,406 Views
Editor’s Picks5 Point Development Plan for India
Is the World Heading Towards a New Global Order
8 Good Reasons Why India is So Poor
Why India should worry about Chinese hydropower projects in Tibet?
What Makes People Poor?
Amartya Sen's Concept of Development and Poverty
Why the World should follow Bhutan's development model?
How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
Can Business be Redesigned to Eradicate Poverty?
Our Detailed ReportsSarva Shiksha Abhiyan after 2013
Disaster Management in India
Nationl Food Security Bill 2013
Status of NREGA 2006-12
Status of RIGHT TO EDUCATION
Governance in Sixth Schedule Areas
Appraisal of Forest Rights Act 2006
Judicial Accountability in India
Corruption in India
Poverty in India
Gender and Climate Change
Nuclear Energy in India
The PESA ACT, 1996
The RTI Act 2005
- Overview of Important Issues in India
- Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act (or PESA), 1996
- Panchayat Raj System in India
- Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT) Act Fails to Protect Jharkhand Tribals?
- Tribal People in India: Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Areas and Tribal Self-Rule
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- PESA – A Potent Weapon Against Naxals (Maoists) In India !!
- Comedy of “Pseudo-Secularism” and “Minority Appeasement” in India
- Tribal Displacement in the Name of Development
- Hydroelectric Power Projects: Latest Threat to Himalayan Ecosystem
- What Makes Pakistan, Pakistan!
- Destroying Kashmiri Culture – The Pakistan Way
- Wahhabism – The Ideological Force Behind Islamic Extremism
- Poverty is Cancer not Flu ! – Mahbub Ul Haq
- India: Growth Vs Development Debate
- Is the World Heading Towards a New Global Order?
- A New Measure of National Progress: Social Progress Index (SPI)
- Understanding Poverty, Beyond Lack of Income
- Why Has Capitalism Failed the Poor?
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
Author Archives: Goodpal
Pakistan’s craze for radical Islam and long nurtured hatred against India have left it badly infected with fundamentalists and extremists which will keep it away from focusing on social development in decades to come. Continue reading
Sufism in Kashmir unites Hindus and Muslims. It is something that doesn’t suit those who use Islam to further their political agenda. Continue reading
When good mannered people claim that terror and violent activities of Islamic groups has nothing to do with Islam, should know about the entry of Wahhabism into Islam in the 18th century. Continue reading
Late Pakistani economist Mahbub Ul Haq is the brain behind UNDP’s human development index (HDI). He has seen the emptiness and deception of using GDP growth as measure of national progress. His concept of human development brought a paradigm shift in the global developmental discourse. Now more and more countries are trying to measure people’s well being beyond per capita GDP numbers. Continue reading
Five year old Sen-Bhagwati debate has brought into focus the crucial debate around the India’s development path. Should it follow the Western path of GDP growth alone or also focus on developing human capital? And how about sustainability of development? Continue reading