- 666,195 Views
Editor’s PicksSolar Power for Ordinary People
Is the World Heading Towards a New Global Order
8 Good Reasons Why India is So Poor
Why India should worry about Chinese hydropower projects in Tibet?
What Makes People Poor?
Amartya Sen's Concept of Development and Poverty
Why the World should follow Bhutan's development model?
How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
Can Business be Redesigned to Eradicate Poverty?
Our Detailed ReportsSarva Shiksha Abhiyan after 2013
Disaster Management in India
Nationl Food Security Bill 2013
Status of NREGA 2006-12
Status of RIGHT TO EDUCATION
Governance in Sixth Schedule Areas
Appraisal of Forest Rights Act 2006
Judicial Accountability in India
Corruption in India
Poverty in India
Gender and Climate Change
Nuclear Energy in India
The PESA ACT, 1996
The RTI Act 2005
- Overview of Important Issues in India
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- What is Amartya Sen’s “Capability Approach” to Development
- Panchayat Raj System in India
- RTE Act 2009 -- Anomalies and Challenges
- How to Make the RTE Act More Effective
- Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act (or PESA), 1996
- Tribal People in India: Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Areas and Tribal Self-Rule
- Environmental Impacts of Hydropower Plants
- Grass-root Democracy in India: Status of the Panchayati Raj System
- Are Muslims In Minority In India?
- Is it Right Time to Push for Uniform Civil Code, or Not Yet?
- Global Warming – Over-Consumption, Not Over-Population, is the Main Threat
- Another Terror Attack in France – The Nonsense of “Terrorism Has No Religion”
- Paris Climate Summit: Will The US Cooperate This Time?
- ‘Global Warming’ – 2 Basic Issues Everyone Ignores
- India Is Worried About Declining Population Of Parsis
- Terrorist Sympathisers in India – A Wake Up Call For Hindus
- Is ISIS A Serious Threat To India?
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Distorted Secularism of India
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Indian Society
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
topno on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT… pradeep shivaji sale on Panchayat (Extension to Schedu… Rajdeep on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT… jjj on Understanding Indian Poverty t… Himanshu Jain on Panchayat Raj System in I… Genial Geist on Salient Features of the Right… Abhishek on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT… Comedy of “Pseudo-Se… on Comedy of “Pseudo-Secularism”… sushant on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT…
Category Archives: Climate Change
Over consumption in the Rich nations is driving global warming; not the rising population of the poor countries. Continue reading
Rising greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is only a symptom of two fundamental problems that rarely get discussed at climate forums. Continue reading
Renewable energy certificates are market driven mechanism to finance renewable energy projects. Non compliance of RPOs has almost killed the REC market. Hope nw government will revive it. Continue reading
Global efforts to protect forests through the REDD / REDD+ initiatives are great. But the question is why the the rich countries don’t actually cut their own emissions. Moreover, forests have other roles beyond carbon sequestering. So forests must be viewed from a holistic perspective, not just greenhouse gas emission angle. Continue reading
The laudable handling of cyclone Phailin has given confidence to India’s disaster management setup. Coming years will prove that Odisha’s response has inspired many states. Continue reading
A strong lesson emerges from how the cyclone Phailin was handled by the authorities. India has the competence, capability and resources. Clearly, the Odisha government and administration did not forget to learn from the 1999 cyclone which killed over 10000 people. But why is rehabilitation so slow? Continue reading