Recently the public perception of India has been extensively damaged by the corrupt activities of politicians, bureaucrats and business houses. The telecom spectrum allocation scam – the biggest in the history of independent India – for which a minister, an MP and several corporate bosses are in jail and others are expected soon, the Commonwealth Games scandal in which the whole organizing committee, including the chairman are in jail, politicians grabbing prime real estate in housing Society meant for war widows in Mumbai, and the cash-for-vote scam involving parliamentarians have all badly eroded the public faith in government functioning in India.
- 438,662 Views
Editor’s PicksSolar Power for Ordinary People
Is the World Heading Towards a New Global Order
8 Good Reasons Why India is So Poor
Why India should worry about Chinese hydropower projects in Tibet?
What Makes People Poor?
Amartya Sen's Concept of Development and Poverty
Why the World should follow Bhutan's development model?
How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
Can Business be Redesigned to Eradicate Poverty?
Our Detailed ReportsSarva Shiksha Abhiyan after 2013
Disaster Management in India
Nationl Food Security Bill 2013
Status of NREGA 2006-12
Status of RIGHT TO EDUCATION
Governance in Sixth Schedule Areas
Appraisal of Forest Rights Act 2006
Judicial Accountability in India
Corruption in India
Poverty in India
Gender and Climate Change
Nuclear Energy in India
The PESA ACT, 1996
The RTI Act 2005
- Overview of Important Issues in India
- Panchayat Raj System in India
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- Tribal People in India: Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Areas and Tribal Self-Rule
- Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT) Act Fails to Protect Jharkhand Tribals?
- Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act (or PESA), 1996
- History of Tribal Struggle for Self-Rule in Jharkhand
- How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
- Understanding Indian Poverty through Poverty Indicators
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan: We Should Also See The Positive Side of SSA
- Global Warming – Over-Consumption, Not Over-Population, is the Main Threat
- Paris Terror Attack – The Nonsense of “Terrorism Has No Religion”
- Paris Climate Summit: Will The US Cooperate This Time?
- ‘Global Warming’ – 2 Basic Issues Everyone Ignores
- India Is Worried About Declining Population Of Parsis
- Terrorism Sympathisers in India – A Wake Up Call For Hindus
- Is ISIS A Serious Threat To India?
- Yakub Memon’s Hanging: So, Terrorists have Religion !
- Power Sector and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
Is ISIS A Serious Th… on Paris Terror Attack – The Nons… Arem Paparao on Panchayat (Extension to Schedu… arem.paparao adivasi… on Panchayat (Extension to Schedu… Paris Terror Attack… on Wahhabism – The Ideological Fo… Gureswar Bhoi on Tribal People in India: Schedu… Shailendra Rai on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT… sumit kumar on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT… Chandan Roy on Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT… Dr. Shubhada a. Josh… on What is Amartya Sen’s “Capabil…