Recently the public perception of India has been extensively damaged by the corrupt activities of politicians, bureaucrats and business houses. The telecom spectrum allocation scam – the biggest in the history of independent India – for which a minister, an MP and several corporate bosses are in jail and others are expected soon, the Commonwealth Games scandal in which the whole organizing committee, including the chairman are in jail, politicians grabbing prime real estate in housing Society meant for war widows in Mumbai, and the cash-for-vote scam involving parliamentarians have all badly eroded the public faith in government functioning in India.
- 381,303 Views
Editor’s PicksSolar Power for Ordinary People
Is the World Heading Towards a New Global Order
8 Good Reasons Why India is So Poor
Why India should worry about Chinese hydropower projects in Tibet?
What Makes People Poor?
Amartya Sen's Concept of Development and Poverty
Why the World should follow Bhutan's development model?
How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
Can Business be Redesigned to Eradicate Poverty?
Our Detailed ReportsSarva Shiksha Abhiyan after 2013
Disaster Management in India
Nationl Food Security Bill 2013
Status of NREGA 2006-12
Status of RIGHT TO EDUCATION
Governance in Sixth Schedule Areas
Appraisal of Forest Rights Act 2006
Judicial Accountability in India
Corruption in India
Poverty in India
Gender and Climate Change
Nuclear Energy in India
The PESA ACT, 1996
The RTI Act 2005
- Why Chhota Nagpur Tenancy (CNT) Act Fails to Protect Jharkhand Tribals?
- Panchayat Raj System in India
- Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act (or PESA), 1996
- Tribal People in India: Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Areas and Tribal Self-Rule
- Salient Features of the Right to Education Act, 2009
- Grass-root Democracy in India: Status of the Panchayati Raj System
- How Healthy is Indian Judicial System?
- The Samatha Judgment and the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution
- Hydroelectric Power Projects: Latest Threat to Himalayan Ecosystem
- RTE Act 2009 -- Anomalies and Challenges
- Power Sector and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- BALUCHISTAN – Another “Bangladesh” in the making?- Part 2
- BALUCHISTAN – Occupied by Pakistan since 1948 – Part 1
- Why Pakistan is So Wrong on Kashmir
- What Makes Pakistan, Pakistan!
- Destroying Kashmiri Culture – The Pakistan Way
- Wahhabism – The Ideological Force Behind Islamic Extremism
- Poverty is Cancer not Flu ! – Mahbub Ul Haq
- India: Growth Vs Development Debate
- Amartya Sen
- Climate Change
- Economy and Business
- Global Warming
- Human Right To Food
- Land Acquisition Laws
- Naxal/Maoist in India
- Nuclear Energy
- Panchayat Raj
- Renewable Energy
- Right to Education
- Right to Information
- Sustainable Development
- Timber Distribution Rights
- tribal Issues
- World Politics
Aniruddha on Salient Features of the Right… Goodpal on Why Population of India Does n… Goodpal on Why Population of India Does n… Silver on Why Population of India Does n… Silver on Why Population of India Does n… Silver on Why Population of India Does n… Silver on Why Population of India Does n… Goodpal on No PESA, No Paisa for the Trib… Amanjit on No PESA, No Paisa for the Trib…